Friday, April 10, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and...

Zombies.


I've been geeking out over this for a little while now. Really, since January when the book got mentioned on NPR's Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me (best game show ever).

I was holding back on talking about this book on the blog, but, this week Library Journal reviewed it. THEN to make things ever better, I saw that the Freedom Library is getting a copy! I've included a link at the bottom to this book in the catalog. From there, you can request the book or have it put on hold for you.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is a parody, of sorts, on Jane Austin's classic novel. Basically, co-author Seth Grahame-Smith added scenes of zombie attacks to the text of Pride and Prejudice. I'm not sure why this fascinates me, but it does.

I once saw author David Sedaris read live. He took time from his work to read passages from and sell the audience on The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks (Mel Brooks' son- thus tying this post to the previous post about Genius Film.)

I haven't read it yet- but once the library gets its copy, I will, and then post my review here.

See it in the catalog
Read the Library Journal review

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home