Saturday, May 09, 2009

Wolverine at the Library


Yesterday, on my day off, I went to see the new movie Wolverine. I'll be honest about it- it was better than I thought it would be. If you go see it, there's a small scene after all the credits. And I mean all the way to the end. There's a scene kind of in the credits, and a second, more different one after. (Also, apparently there are two different final scenes- but only one gets played per screening (like the movie Clue).)

But this isn't about the movie.

I recently checked in some new graphic novels, and several of them were about wolfie. One of which really caught my eye- its the one pictured above. I am by no means a comic book (graphic novel) connoisseur, but I liked the visual style I saw in "Worst Day Ever."

Like I said, we actually have many Wolverine graphic novels- and not just ones new to this week.

At the Freedom Library, we have a whole shelf devoted to manga and comic books, and a section for graphic novels upstairs. Graphic novels have the dewey decimal number 741.5. (In cataloging speak that means comic books are decorative art drawings that are classified as visual novels.)

When you walk in the front door, the graphic novel shelf is the first shelf you might see, and a little to the right. There, you will find a good many Wolverine comics and graphic novels.

"Wolverine: Worst Day Ever" is actually currently checked in. 8 other libraries have a copy, but they're all checked out. If you want one, FRL is the only place to go right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home