Saturday, June 20, 2009

Library Stuff

This past Thursday, I attended and gave a small poster presentation at a library conference here in Charlotte.

That's right, Librarians have conferences where they go and talk about being librarians. I know, I was surprised too.

The poster presentation I gave was about how librarians can use blogs (like this one) to effectively communicate with other libraries and follow successful business models from the for-profit sector.

While at the conference, I got my brain filled with ideas about assessing library instruction. Here at Freedom, I teach all but one of the adult technology classes and I think I now have the tools to make our classes stronger.

If you want to see the pdf of my poster, you can view it from the link below. I was going to post it here directly, but then I decided to keep it on my server to make sure I still owned the IP.

Blog Poster Presentation

(The .pdf may take a little while to load. It is poster size after all.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home