Monday, April 23, 2007

YMCA Healthy Kids Day




When our library manager Michael Lambert first asked me to come and represent Freedom Regional Library at Healthy Kids Day in the Park I felt really honored. I enjoyed seeing the smiles and reactions on the childrens faces as we gave them the option to pick out a book of their choice, “This one is for me…Do I have to return this…I don’t know which book to choose from?”

The Day was full of fun for everyone to take pleasure in through music both mainstream and oldies for the young and the old, Jungle gym playground for children; and live performances from the YMCA marching band and the local community dance squad for everyone to observe.



I spent my time signing patrons up for new library cards, passing out books and goodies to the children. I also spent my time networking and familiarizing myself with the people in the community. I had the opportunity to meet Miss Ebony the founder and CEO of Diva Day Camp for little girls. Impressed with Miss Ebony enthusiastic and commitment to teaching etiquette workshops and personal character to young girls-I felt a deep sincerity in wanting to have that same intensity with wanting to make a difference in the lives of others. Mingling with the kids, parents and people from the community on “Healthy Kids Day” made me proud to be a Librarian.
Kwashawn Berry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home