Friday, May 15, 2009

The most excited I have ever been about a book!



Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. The library just got it yesterday. I was the first librarian in the system to check in a copy- and then the first patron to check the book out.

Don't worry, there are 5 other copies in the system. There are even 65 people in line for the book! Wow! That's 13 requests per copy. To put that in perspective, the library system has 196 copies of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. With 51 requests for Twilight, that means there is roughly 1 request per .25 of a copy.

By my bad math, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is then 52 times more popular. (Again, bad math.) But Steve Harvey's Act Like a Lady, Think Like A Man still trumps all.


I have never in my life been so excited over a library book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home